Plagiarism allows you to search the internet for phrases you may have inadvertently duplicated in your posts and pages. Google, since the Panda update, has been giving such duplicate content a very low ranking. Plagiarism also allows you to search for copies of your own posts and pages, identifying posts that may have been copied and posted elsewhere on the internet. The results list will show the phrase used for the search and their status. Clicking the phrase will open a window to the search so you can see the sites that were searched.
There are several Settings supported by Plagiarism functions that are explained below.
Search Options Settings
These settings affect to search queries this function is making, this function basically divides the article into small phrases and then search those phrases on google or other selected search engines to check if the article content is unique. the settings explained below.
- Phrase chunk size - (default 10) Size of the phrases to be extracted, it means it will create phrases with 10 words each.
- Phrase chunk step - (default 6) Size of the offset before the next phrase is chosen, it means when phrases are being created the script will take an offset, which helps script to process the content better way.
- Query slice size - this means whenever you click on check plagiarism how many phrases you want that script should check for duplicate content. having value 10 here is recommended as grater value is detected as a robot.
- Query Wait Time - This basically defines the delay between search queries recommend for avoiding ip ban.
- Block duplicate content - if your website allows other editors to create content enabling this option, they will not be able to create the content which is duplicate.
- Search on save - Whenever the article is saved this function will execute and it will create a results-based, so when you edit article from draft you can check if the content is duplicated or not.
- Excluded Domains - defined domains in this setting will be excluded from the search. used when you give some reference of other websites
The reason behind using proxies is, whenever you search content on google without proxy, google detects the number of searches performed from specific IP addresses and puts captcha so the script cannot process more queries in this case you get warnings from the script. to avoid these issues and the IP ban of your server we recommend you use the proxies which will be used by the script to get you proper Plagiarism results.
Proxy list You can try using free proxies but be warned that they are typically slow. If you have your own list of private proxies they will be rotated for each search so heavy hits from one IP address will be spread out.
Insert one proxy per line, as USER:PASSWORD@IP:PORT